Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > paging

paging

gary

What are different ways of provding PAGING THRU
RECORDSETS, I am working on search engine website.

thanks

Gary

Randy Rahbar

> What are different ways of provding PAGING THRU
> RECORDSETS, I am working on search engine website.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2120

Bullschmidt

And here's a concept behind a different way of paging:

What's after TOP? by graz - 8/31/2000
http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=566

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com

Dave Anderson

"Bullschmidt" wrote:

> And here's a concept behind a different way of paging:
>
> What's after TOP? by graz - 8/31/2000
> http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=566

That seems even more elegant than the set subtraction technique allowed in
Oracle:

SELECT {fields} FROM {table} WHERE {primary key} IN
( SELECT {primary key} FROM {table or index table}
WHERE {condition} AND rownum < {upper bound}
MINUS
SELECT {primary key} FROM {table or index table}
WHERE {condition} AND rownum < {lower bound}
)

I wonder which is more efficient.

--
Dave Anderson