Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session Variables

Session Variables

Dave Ainslie

How do I send session variables between two web directories? I have two
sites on my web server I wish to send cookies between.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Ray at

Session variables or cookies? Session variables will carry across
directories, as long as they are not setup as separate applications in the
Web site settings in IIS. Cookies will be available anywhere from within
the same domain.

Ray at work

"Dave Ainslie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bs7uma$mb7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I send session variables between two web directories? I have two
> sites on my web server I wish to send cookies between.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

Dave Ainslie

I want to send session variables across two diferent virtual directories on
the same domain and server.

Can this be done?

Cheers
Dave

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Session variables or cookies? Session variables will carry across
> directories, as long as they are not setup as separate applications in the
> Web site settings in IIS. Cookies will be available anywhere from within
> the same domain.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Dave Ainslie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bs7uma$mb7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I send session variables between two web directories? I have two
> > sites on my web server I wish to send cookies between.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Dave

Ray at

Session variables will work across directories (virtual or not) just fine,
as long as they are in the same application. A virtual directory gets its
own application when you create it using the IIS gui, by default, so you'll
have to remove the applications. OPen your IIS manager, right click the
virtual directory, click properties, and click Remove in the "Application
Settings" area on the "Virtual Directory" tab for each virtual directory.

Ray at work

news:bs8r0s$lsi$(E-Mail Removed)...