Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > executing Windows commands via ASP

executing Windows commands via ASP

Dariusz Tomoń

Hello

Quick question: how can I execute Windows command (like deleting liles from
server) via ASP?

best regards

D.T.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

> Quick question: how can I execute Windows command (like deleting liles
from
> server) via ASP?

Tasks that involve file operations can use FileSystemObject. You can see a
link to the official docs and other items at http://www.aspfaq.com/2039

Other tasks can use Wscript.Shell, assuming IUSR has sufficient permissions;
see http://www.aspfaq.com/2059 and http://www.aspfaq.com/2033

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP