Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Upload file feature

Upload file feature

Matt

Hi All
Can anyone tell me how to provide the feature for
uploading files from a website? Basically, I want some
people to be able to upload their files to my server from
a website, and I am going to read these files later on for
different application.
I am using ASP and vbscript for my applications.
Thanks.
Matt

Ray at

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189

Ray at work

news:042501c3c4e1$c7978eb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
> Can anyone tell me how to provide the feature for
> uploading files from a website? Basically, I want some
> people to be able to upload their files to my server from
> a website, and I am going to read these files later on for
> different application.
> I am using ASP and vbscript for my applications.
> Thanks.
> Matt

Matt

Is it possible to do it in some way without using the
third party controls.

Thanks.

Ray at

Yes, the bottom half of the article has links to script-only methods. If
your files are anywhere larger than a few KB, I strongly suggest you
purchase a component if that is an option, however. There's a _huge_
difference in speed. My test results yielded:

Average bytes/sec:

Script¹: 16,671.92
Component²: 5,999,410.74

Ray at work

¹ http://aspzone.com/posts/160.aspx
² http://www.aspupload.com

news:027d01c3c4e6$eb0f8190$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to do it in some way without using the
> third party controls.
>
> Thanks.

Bob Barrows

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ml/asp0900.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...2alistingb.asp

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From header is

news:027d01c3c4e6$eb0f8190$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to do it in some way without using the
> third party controls.
>
> Thanks.

matt

Thanks Ray! Thanks Bob !