Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > VP ASP

VP ASP

Ray at

Adding e-mail functionality is pretty straight forward for one who is a
programmer. Since you are not a programmer, I see your only choice to be
that you pay for the full version of this product that does include that
functionality. Either that, or hire a programmer to add the functionality
for you.

Ray at work

"Paulo Almeida" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:newscache$zjrzph$68g$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Im using vp asp cart, the free version, since they allow us to change the
> script and in the free version the e-mail notification is not possible i
> would like to know if someone know how to turn it on or how to include a
> script that can allow the cart to send a e-mail with the confirmation of

the
> order with the details both for the costumer and myself?
>
> Im sorry for the trouble but im not a programmer, so there is a lot i
> dont understand in asp, but im giving it a try (since it appears to be
> both acessible and powerfull)
>
> Thank You
>
> Paulo Almeida

Paulo Almeida

Im using vp asp cart, the free version, since they allow us to change the
script and in the free version the e-mail notification is not possible i
would like to know if someone know how to turn it on or how to include a
script that can allow the cart to send a e-mail with the confirmation of the
order with the details both for the costumer and myself?

Im sorry for the trouble but im not a programmer, so there is a lot i
dont understand in asp, but im giving it a try (since it appears to be
both acessible and powerfull)

Thank You

Paulo Almeida

vineet

Hi Paulo.. you can do it in this way.. well asp cart must
be returning you status of order atleast..that is what i
assume..say it must be returning you status of order like
if order has failed or confirmed and confirmation
number..right.. so save those two in session variables and
redirect to some other page or in same page use CDO
(collaboration Data objects) object to send the mail..CDO
is free with ASP