Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Send mail with jmail

Send mail with jmail

Paulo Almeida

Hi,

Iīm trying VP ASP Shopping cart, but the free version doesnīt allow us to
send an email to our customers and to ourselves with the confirmation of the
order.

I would like to know if there is any code sample or script that can easilly
be included when the invoice appears in the screen, so we can send the
invoice automatically by mail to the costumer to confirm the order and to us
to let us know the order was made!?

I would prefer to work with jmail, but if itīs not possible it can be
another.

Thanks in Advance.

Paulo Almeida

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Is any of the ASP code on the confirmation page exposed? Do you have access
to any of the properties from the component (e.g. could you rebuild the
details of the order)? Can you see enough of the order details from the
request.form/session collections to print the order out to the screen? If
so, there's not much difference between returning the order to the screen
and building an e-mail message. Sorry, I have no idea what this specific
shopping cart does, so can't offer specific advice there.

However, I can tell you that there are many options for sending mail besides
JMail.
http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=send_e-mail

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"Paulo Almeida" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:newscache$bhwxph$41k$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
>
> Iīm trying VP ASP Shopping cart, but the free version doesnīt allow us to
> send an email to our customers and to ourselves with the confirmation of

the
> order.
>
> I would like to know if there is any code sample or script that can

easilly
> be included when the invoice appears in the screen, so we can send the
> invoice automatically by mail to the costumer to confirm the order and to

us
> to let us know the order was made!?
>
> I would prefer to work with jmail, but if itīs not possible it can be
> another.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Paulo Almeida

Attaching pdf to html email using jmail.appendHTML & JMail.AddAttachment Vix Java 1 01-26-2005 01:35 PM
Sending mail with JMail question blair ASP General 0 02-16-2004 10:33 PM
Sending mail from a code-behind .cs module using JMail, ASPEmail? Preston Crawford ASP .Net 0 02-04-2004 04:58 PM
asp.net and Jmail Ingrid ASP .Net 1 10-28-2003 01:32 PM
Sending Mail without CDO or JMail Ron ASP .Net 2 06-30-2003 10:13 PM

Advertisments