Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > No application associated

No application associated

clivegisworkuk@yahoo.co.uk

Hi

I have writen a simple asp page.

I can openm it on my PC, when I run it on my iPaq PPC it comes up with
an error: There is no application associated with zip.asp.

Why???

Can anyone help??

Thanks
Clive

<HTML>

<HEAD>
<%
Dim cZip ' Zip Code
Dim cAgent ' HTTP user agent
Dim isPPC ' Is this a Pocket PC Device Request?
' Before we get going, check HTTP Header content
' to determine if this is a Pocket PC device
cAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
' Is this a Pocket PC device
isPPC = (InStr(1, UCase(cAgent), "WINDOWS CE") > 0)
%>
</HEAD>

<BODY>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Steven Burn

Are your ASP files associated with an application?, if so, which one?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
>
> I have writen a simple asp page.
>
> I can openm it on my PC, when I run it on my iPaq PPC it comes up with
> an error: There is no application associated with zip.asp.
>

> Why???
>
> Can anyone help??
>
> Thanks
> Clive
>
> <HTML>
>
> <HEAD>
> <%
> Dim cZip ' Zip Code
> Dim cAgent ' HTTP user agent
> Dim isPPC ' Is this a Pocket PC Device Request?
> ' Before we get going, check HTTP Header content
> ' to determine if this is a Pocket PC device
> cAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
> ' Is this a Pocket PC device
> isPPC = (InStr(1, UCase(cAgent), "WINDOWS CE") > 0)
> %>
> </HEAD>
>
> <BODY>
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>

Mark Schupp

The asp page needs to be opened from an IIS web-site in order to execute.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
>
> I have writen a simple asp page.
>
> I can openm it on my PC, when I run it on my iPaq PPC it comes up with
> an error: There is no application associated with zip.asp.
>

> Why???
>
> Can anyone help??
>
> Thanks
> Clive
>
> <HTML>
>
> <HEAD>
> <%
> Dim cZip ' Zip Code
> Dim cAgent ' HTTP user agent
> Dim isPPC ' Is this a Pocket PC Device Request?
> ' Before we get going, check HTTP Header content
> ' to determine if this is a Pocket PC device
> cAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
> ' Is this a Pocket PC device
> isPPC = (InStr(1, UCase(cAgent), "WINDOWS CE") > 0)
> %>
> </HEAD>
>
> <BODY>
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>

clivegisworkuk@yahoo.co.uk

Hi

The asp files are associated with IE.

Cheers
Clive

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi
>
> I have writen a simple asp page.
>
> I can openm it on my PC, when I run it on my iPaq PPC it comes up with
> an error: There is no application associated with zip.asp.
>

> Why???
>
> Can anyone help??
>
> Thanks
> Clive
>
> <HTML>
>
> <HEAD>
> <%
> Dim cZip ' Zip Code
> Dim cAgent ' HTTP user agent
> Dim isPPC ' Is this a Pocket PC Device Request?
> ' Before we get going, check HTTP Header content
> ' to determine if this is a Pocket PC device
> cAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
> ' Is this a Pocket PC device
> isPPC = (InStr(1, UCase(cAgent), "WINDOWS CE") > 0)
> %>
> </HEAD>
>
> <BODY>
>
> </BODY>