Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Databased driven asp counter with initial value setting

Databased driven asp counter with initial value setting

pcchong

I have 3 websites and make use of free counters provided by other web
hosting companies to count the no of hits. Now I want to install a
multiple-user databased driven asp counter (with initial value setting) in
one of my sites to provide the statistics. I try to use the google search to
look for a free script but to no avail. Anyone know of a free asp script
that I could use for this purpose? Thanks.

pcchong

Ray at

Poor man's counter:

add hit:
<% Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run "cmd.exe /c
echo.>>C:\counter.txt" %>

get hit count:
<% Response.Write
Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"). GetFile("C:\counter.txt").
Size /2 %>

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Counter with initial value Obtice VHDL 3 11-24-2011 10:11 PM
Page File counter and Private Bytes Counter George2 C++ 1 01-31-2008 09:27 AM
setting form initial value Nav HTML 1 02-13-2006 08:08 AM
databased filled dropdown slow or crash catweezle2010 ASP .Net 3 10-24-2005 05:28 PM
Session("counter") vs. ViewState("counter")...a newbie question The Eeediot ASP .Net 3 12-22-2004 09:31 PM

Advertisments