Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Htpasswd

Htpasswd

Christopher Brandsdal

I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems like
it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it not work
on Microsoft servers?
If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a very
easy way to protect my files
Thanks in advance!

Ray at

"Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems like
> it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it not

work
> on Microsoft servers?

Because it's a totally different system. For the same reason you can't bolt
a TH-400 directly to a 351W.

> If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a very
> easy way to protect my files
> Thanks in advance!

Turn off anonymous access and make users log in with Windows accounts. Take
a look here. http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26

Ray at work

Christopher Brandsdal

Ok thanks!

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> skrev i melding
news:%23fT5%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems

like
> > it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it not

> work
> > on Microsoft servers?

> Because it's a totally different system. For the same reason you can't

bolt
> a TH-400 directly to a 351W.
>

> > If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a

very
> > easy way to protect my files
> > Thanks in advance!

> Turn off anonymous access and make users log in with Windows accounts.

Take
> a look here. http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26
>
> Ray at work

Mark Schupp

There are also some 3rd party add-ons that perform similar functions if you
don't want to use NTFS and Windows user accounts.

AuthentiX (www.flicks.com) was one that we had looked at briefly. If that
project ever gets to the top of the pile we'll look at it again.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Om%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok thanks!
>

> "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> skrev i melding
> news:%23fT5%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems

> like
> > > it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it

not
> > work
> > > on Microsoft servers?

> > Because it's a totally different system. For the same reason you can't

> bolt
> > a TH-400 directly to a 351W.
> >

> > > If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a

> very
> > > easy way to protect my files
> > > Thanks in advance!

> > Turn off anonymous access and make users log in with Windows accounts.

> Take
> > a look here. http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26
> >
> > Ray at work

FAQ 9.13 How do I edit my .htpasswd and .htgroup files with Perl? PerlFAQ Server Perl Misc 0 04-13-2011 04:00 AM
htpasswd Anka Anka Ruby 6 03-02-2011 08:42 AM
Apache::Htpasswd question shawn modersohn Perl Misc 1 09-21-2006 03:51 AM
Get htpasswd username hgwoss@gmx.de Perl Misc 1 08-06-2005 11:25 AM
Htpasswd Christopher Brandsdal ASP General 0 12-12-2003 07:02 PM

Advertisments