Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Something more than Propercase

Something more than Propercase

Colin Steadman

Does anyone have a Propercase script they dont mind
sharing. I have one from ASPFAQ thats quite good, but its
giving me results that aren't quite what I wanted -

Result What I wanted
====== =============

Mr Kipling Uk Mr Kipling UK
Mr Kipling (uk) Mr Kipling (UK)

I've reading up on regular expressions so that I can build
my own function for this, but this method just doesn't
click with me, I just cant seem to get my head around them
for anything more than a simple global replace!

TIA,

Colin

Matt Smith

There's a lot of factors to take into account over this so pick your
function carefully.
Have a look at:
http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...404ax%2Ecom%3E

HTH
Matt Smith

ProperCase class <see body> Kabal Java 5 09-05-2003 02:33 AM
Using ProperCase in ASP Mike ASP General 5 07-12-2003 10:09 PM

Advertisments