Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Posting data using XMLHTTP

Posting data using XMLHTTP

Sameer Anand

Hi,

Iam trying to post data using xmlhttp object.

The data Iam trying to send has "&" in it, like -
xx.asp?part=tm7&t6

Somehow the data doe not reach to the page correectly.

I also tried -

xx.asp?part=tm7&t6

But still it does not reach.

In my final page when I retrieve request.form("part") -

Iam getting only tm7.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

There is a sample that works at http://www.aspfaq.com/2173

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"Sameer Anand" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Iam trying to post data using xmlhttp object.
>
> The data Iam trying to send has "&" in it, like -
> xx.asp?part=tm7&t6
>
> Somehow the data doe not reach to the page correectly.
>
> I also tried -
>
> xx.asp?part=tm7&amp;t6
>
> But still it does not reach.
>
> In my final page when I retrieve request.form("part") -
>
> Iam getting only tm7.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Mark Schupp

"xx.asp?part=" & Server.UrlEncode("tm7&t6")

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development