Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDO.message

CDO.message

Hugh Welford

Hi,

I am modifying my CDONTS code to use CDO.message. This works fine except
that it wont seem to let me send a copy of the e-mail to my-self. With
CDONTS i had no problems with this. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in
advance, Hugh
The code I am using is as follows:-
Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields

..Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort

..Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "pegasus.intonet.co.uk"

..Update

End With

Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")

With cdoMessage

Set.Configuration = cdoConfig

..From = "(E-Mail Removed)"

..To = objrec("email")

..cc = "(E-Mail Removed)"

..Subject = "Welcome to The Andropause Society"

..HTMLBody = thetext

..Send

End With

Set cdoMessage = Nothing

Set cdoConfig = Nothing

Ken Schaefer

What happens?
- Do you get an error? What is it?
- Do you get nothing?
- Do you get something but not what you expect?

Cheers
Ken

"Hugh Welford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Hi,
:
[...]

Hi Ken,
Thanks for answering.
I get nothing. No error, no crash, no hang just nothing. The primary
addressee receives his message perfectly, while the copied addressee
receives nothing.

Repeating the test, but copying to an addressee in another domain works
fine.

Using CDONTS this problem didnt arise, and copies to the same domain arrived
perfectly.

Regards Hugh

"Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What happens?
> - Do you get an error? What is it?
> - Do you get nothing?
> - Do you get something but not what you expect?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "Hugh Welford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Hi,
> :
> : I am modifying my CDONTS code to use CDO.message. This works fine except
> : that it wont seem to let me send a copy of the e-mail to my-self. With
> : CDONTS i had no problems with this. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in
> : advance, Hugh
> : The code I am using is as follows:-
> : Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
> :
> : With cdoConfig.Fields
> :
> : .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
> :
> : .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "pegasus.intonet.co.uk"
> :
> : .Update
> :
> : End With
> :
> : Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> :
> : With cdoMessage
> :
> : Set.Configuration = cdoConfig
> :
> : .From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> :
> : .To = objrec("email")
> :
> : .cc = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> :
> : .Subject = "Welcome to The Andropause Society"
> :
> : .HTMLBody = thetext
> :
> : .Send
> :
> : End With
> :
> : Set cdoMessage = Nothing
> :
> : Set cdoConfig = Nothing
> :
> :

Ken Schaefer

Is there anything in the mailroot folders on the server?

Cheers
Ken

"Hugh Welford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eWbyC$(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: >
: > "Hugh Welford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > : Hi,
: > :
[...]

Hi Ken... I very shamefacedly have to admit that, following your line of
enquiry thro to the end, I found that the copies were arriving OK, but due
to a conflict in the M/S OUTLOOK rules, were being sent un-noticed to a
catch-all directory.

Thanks for your help all the same. Very grateful. Regards Hugh