Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Looking for PC Purchase estimator script

Looking for PC Purchase estimator script

Burt Lewis

Hi,

I'm looking for a sample script I can modify that will calculate the
price of a PC based on chosen selections and prices such as case, hard
drive, drives, ram, etc. I had a Perl script a while ago that did this
but need an asp script.

Appreciate any help.

Ray at

Okay, which part do you need help with? Where are you stuck? Pulling the
component prices from a database? Summing the values? Using multiplication
for quantities of items selected? What?

Ray at work

"Burt Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a sample script I can modify that will calculate the
> price of a PC based on chosen selections and prices such as case, hard
> drive, drives, ram, etc. I had a Perl script a while ago that did this
> but need an asp script.
>
> Appreciate any help.

Chris Barber

That's a pretty big thing to ask for in a newsgroup - would take some of us
1/2 a day and others a couple of days I suspect.

What specifically are you having a problem with? Since you wrote it in Perl
then I'm sure a little goggling for VBScript syntax would allow you to do it
relatively easily.

Chris.

"Burt Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
Hi,

I'm looking for a sample script I can modify that will calculate the
price of a PC based on chosen selections and prices such as case, hard
drive, drives, ram, etc. I had a Perl script a while ago that did this
but need an asp script.

Appreciate any help.

Burt Lewis

Hi again,

Sorry if I wasn't clear, let me help you out. I posted this here
seeking help in finding a shareware script that is already built. I
have searched the many asp script archive sites and can't find one.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion of this request.

Jeff Cochran

On 10 Dec 2003 11:11:06 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Burt Lewis) wrote:

>Sorry if I wasn't clear, let me help you out. I posted this here
>seeking help in finding a shareware script that is already built. I
>have searched the many asp script archive sites and can't find one.
>
>Hope this helps to clear up the confusion of this request.

I haven't seen one pre-written that is this specific, but any point of
sale script should be able to do a similar thing.

Jeff

mark | r

"Burt Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a sample script I can modify that will calculate the
> price of a PC based on chosen selections and prices such as case, hard
> drive, drives, ram, etc. I had a Perl script a while ago that did this
> but need an asp script.
>
> Appreciate any help.

we built one... www.nemarkcomputers.co.uk click on pc builder

costs about 3000 if you want it!

it also tracks the built items and saves them so people can come back and
check the prices as they change.

mark