Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session Expire immediately

Session Expire immediately

Krish

Session expiring immediately. what could be the reason ?

Thanks,
Krish

Ray at

Cookies not enabled? Enable session state turned off in the application
config options in IIS?

Ray at work

"Krish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Session expiring immediately. what could be the reason ?
>
> Thanks,
> Krish

Rob Meade

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" wrote ...

> Cookies not enabled? Enable session state turned off in the application
> config options in IIS?

They gotta be enabled client side Ray - like the usual .txt file cookies etc
for session variables?

Regards

Rob

Ray at

Yes, cookies have to be enabled, although I thought I heard rumors of IE or
another browser having an option to disable cookies but still allowing
session cookies from sites. ? I've never seen that option though, but I
haven't ever really looked for it either.

Ray at work

"Rob Meade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" wrote ...
>
> > Cookies not enabled? Enable session state turned off in the application
> > config options in IIS?

> They gotta be enabled client side Ray - like the usual .txt file cookies

etc
> for session variables?
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

Rob Meade

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" wrote ...

> Yes, cookies have to be enabled, although I thought I heard rumors of IE

or
> another browser having an option to disable cookies but still allowing
> session cookies from sites. ? I've never seen that option though, but I
> haven't ever really looked for it either.

'kin ell - wasn't fully aware of this - so hypothetically on all of my
applications that have a login and use session variables I should perhaps
have a little comment "Please ensure cookies are enabled" etc etc...

Learn something new every day!

Rob

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

http://www.aspfaq.com/2157

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"Krish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Session expiring immediately. what could be the reason ?
>
> Thanks,
> Krish

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

> Yes, cookies have to be enabled, although I thought I heard rumors of IE
or
> another browser having an option to disable cookies but still allowing
> session cookies from sites. ?

Not exactly, you can control permanent cookies and session cookies
independently, but you can't "disable cookies" in general, yet "allow
session cookies" at the same time...

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Ray at

Yep, there it is. Thanks WilliamTasso.com.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...