Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Moving back a page

Moving back a page

Simon Harvey

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to make the browser navigate back by one
page in response to a button press. This has to be done in an event handler
in code behind.

The reason I want the browser to go back, rather than just Response.Redirect
is because I want the fields on the previous page to be populated without
having to use the session object or something similar. I want it to act
essentially as a back button

Thanks all

Simon

Curt_C [MVP]

not really. You will have to pass it to a clientside event

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Simon Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eCDCMt%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if its possible to make the browser navigate back by one
> page in response to a button press. This has to be done in an event

handler
> in code behind.
>
> The reason I want the browser to go back, rather than just

Response.Redirect
> is because I want the fields on the previous page to be populated without
> having to use the session object or something similar. I want it to act
> essentially as a back button
>
> Thanks all
>
> Simon

=?Utf-8?B?TG95IEIgSw==?=

you can try to use the client side javascript of, history.go(-1)
use -2 to go back two pages

if you are doing an application using web, my experience told me, this will cause a lot of problem
just be careful with your data

:

----- Simon Harvey wrote: ----

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to make the browser navigate back by on
page in response to a button press. This has to be done in an event handle
in code behind

The reason I want the browser to go back, rather than just Response.Redirec
is because I want the fields on the previous page to be populated withou
having to use the session object or something similar. I want it to ac
essentially as a back butto

Thanks al

Simo