Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Write permissions using Scripting.TextStream object

Write permissions using Scripting.TextStream object

George Hester

In Windows 2000 I need permissions set so that I can write a text file to the folder when the asp page is loaded. Right now I have only these permissions set:

Administrator: Full
System: Full
Everyone: Read and Execute, List, Read
Network: Read and Execute. List. Read

Is there some other "user" that I can give permissions to to write a text file to the folder that doesn't allow write permissions to IUSER_MachineName? Thanks.

--
George Hester
__________________________________

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

>> Is there some other "user" that I can give permissions to to write a text
file to the folder that doesn't allow write permissions to
IUSER_MachineName? Thanks.

You've lost me. Unless your site/application is set up for Windows Auth,
ASP runs as IUSR_MachineName, so what other user would you expect ASP to
impersonate in order to write to this folder?

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

--
George Hester
__________________________________

George Hester

Well I have many different users on the server; Interactive; Network; Authenticated Users; BATCH; Proxy; Restricted; Self; Service; ... many more. I was hoping that some other one of these I could use. If not no big deal. I can allow just Read and Write anywhere so I may just do that.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"Aaron Bertrand [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:#J$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Is there some other "user" that I can give permissions to to write a text

> file to the folder that doesn't allow write permissions to
> IUSER_MachineName? Thanks.
>
> You've lost me. Unless your site/application is set up for Windows Auth,
> ASP runs as IUSR_MachineName, so what other user would you expect ASP to
> impersonate in order to write to this folder?
>
> --
> Aaron Bertrand
> SQL Server MVP
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
>

> --
> George Hester

Ray at

You could use any one of them that you want if those groups have
permissions. Just give your IUSR permissions though instead of trying to
jump through extra steps and using group membership for NTFS permissions
when you only need this one single user to have permissions.

Ray at home

news:u$I%(E-Mail Removed)...