Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Dynamic menu

Dynamic menu

Shery

Dear All,

How could I make a menu have many sub-menus, note that the
menu and sub-menus items come from database.

Ex: a menu have items like:
Products | Auctions | Orders

the menu items above all come from a table in a DataBase,
and if On Mouse Over or On Click events happens for any
item, the specific submenu for this item appear which is
also come from database.

Do anyone know how could i do this
Thanks alot in advance

Shery

Ray at

Please do not multipost.

Ray at work

"Shery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b9601c3b3fe$410222f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear All,
>
> How could I make a menu have many sub-menus, note that the
> menu and sub-menus items come from database.
>
> Ex: a menu have items like:
> Products | Auctions | Orders
>
> the menu items above all come from a table in a DataBase,
> and if On Mouse Over or On Click events happens for any
> item, the specific submenu for this item appear which is
> also come from database.
>
> Do anyone know how could i do this
> Thanks alot in advance
>
> Shery

Philipp Lenssen

Shery wrote:

> How could I make a menu have many sub-menus, note that the
> menu and sub-menus items come from database.
>
> Ex: a menu have items like:
> Products | Auctions | Orders
>
> the menu items above all come from a table in a DataBase,
> and if On Mouse Over or On Click events happens for any
> item, the specific submenu for this item appear which is
> also come from database.

One approach. You output the data into div's with IDs like:

Then you use DHTML to handle the mouseover, mouseout events. You add a
setTimeout functionality so that menus will be hidden after a while
(after the onmouseout event fires).

You use CSS with absolute positioning to style all this. You might want
to set a { display: block; } and so on.