Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Internet Printing

Internet Printing

alb120

I implementing Internet Printing; but it fails:
http://w23ksv/printers/
gives error on EI Version 6.0.2800.1106 (XP)

"Server object error 'ASP 0193 : 80020009'
OnStartPage Failed
/printers/ipp_util.inc, line 74
An error occurred in the OnStartPage method of an
external object. "

The Application event log on \\w23ksv shows:

Error ID 5 (Source: Active Server Pages)
Error: File /printers/ipp_util.inc Line 74 OnStartPage
Failed. An error
occurred in the OnStartPage method of an external object..

wonder if anybody has actually implemented Internet
Printing successfully.

I installed 1) IIS 6.0 on my \\W23KSV Windows Server 2003
machine, 2)Internet Printing and then 3) a TCP/IP
printer, which I shared as HPJet210.

The Internet Printing & Active Server Pages component on
ISS automatically installed and I allowed these
extensions.

From a Windows XP Professional PC I, from IE, I run
http://w23ksv/printers

Also, I could get:
And, I get a HTTP 500 - Internet Explorer -Internal
server error

The page cannot be displayed

I followed:
us;323428&Product=winsvr2003

What am I doing wrong? How should I connect to this Web
Printer from XP Prof. SP1 ?

Is there anything else I have to configure in ISS 6.0?

*******
This ISS 6.0 is working correctly for Web Terminal
Services and SUS, and static web pages

warrenhansen@catholichealth.net

I have been receiving the same message and have been unable to resolve this error. My IIS services seem to operating otherwise, as FTP, and other web sites work fine.

I noticed you are running SUS. I am thinking more and more that this issue started after SUS was installed and have read some reports of SUS and the Lock Down tool possibly being the culprit.

If you have resolved this or have heard any ideas on how to solve this, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks