Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Do I need to install ASP.net 1.1 ???

Do I need to install ASP.net 1.1 ???

Mike

I have a win2K server that runs my web sites. I need
to use ASP.net on one of my sites. I am just learning
about ASP.net and found that I cannot run ASP.net
formated pages on my server the way that it is.

If I am not mistaken, I need to install ASP.NET 1.1

Is this correct? If so, will all of my other sites that
use ASP still work the same, or will they have to
be rebuilt?

Mike

Ray at

You need to install the Dot Net Framework from
http://www.asp.net/download-1.1.aspx. Note that this group and the other
*.asp.* groups cover "classic" ASP issues. Look for newgroups with "aspnet"
in their names for places to post ASP.net questions.

Ray at work

"Mike" <mike4532> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a win2K server that runs my web sites. I need
> to use ASP.net on one of my sites. I am just learning
> about ASP.net and found that I cannot run ASP.net
> formated pages on my server the way that it is.
>
> If I am not mistaken, I need to install ASP.NET 1.1
>
> Is this correct? If so, will all of my other sites that
> use ASP still work the same, or will they have to
> be rebuilt?
>
> Mike

Mike

Thanks for the help and SORRY for the confusion!

Mike

news:##(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to install the Dot Net Framework from
> http://www.asp.net/download-1.1.aspx. Note that this group and the other
> *.asp.* groups cover "classic" ASP issues. Look for newgroups with

"aspnet"
> in their names for places to post ASP.net questions.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Mike" <mike4532> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a win2K server that runs my web sites. I need
> > to use ASP.net on one of my sites. I am just learning
> > about ASP.net and found that I cannot run ASP.net
> > formated pages on my server the way that it is.
> >
> > If I am not mistaken, I need to install ASP.NET 1.1
> >
> > Is this correct? If so, will all of my other sites that
> > use ASP still work the same, or will they have to
> > be rebuilt?
> >
> > Mike

Rob Meade

"Mike" wrote ...

> Thanks for the help and SORRY for the confusion!

Hi Mike,

Like you I've moved from ASP to ASP.net recently - I've found :

very useful so far - as with this group - lots of friendly peeps offering
help and advice.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rob