Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Role Based Security

Role Based Security

sean

HI There,

I have created 3 tables in my application tblUsers, tblRoles,tblGroups, when
I perform a login and execute a store pocedure I return the user role for
example "administrators". I would like to restrict access to some of the
pages according to user role returned. How can I interface with the config
file to restrict user access?

Could someone provide me with a code snippet?

Sean - thanks in advance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I'm afraid it's a little more complicated than a snippet, but it's certainly
doable.
I successfully developed an app using role-based forms authentication
by using the techniques outlined in these articles:
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/121901-1.2.shtml

Here is another article you may find useful as well:

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net

news:(E-Mail Removed)...