Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Redirect from one frame to _Parent or _Top

Redirect from one frame to _Parent or _Top

Lamine Darbouche

Please help?
I have my application with four frames and would like to redirect from one
frame to _parent or _top.
Can I do that with "Response.redirect" or similar?
Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Lamine

Bob Barrows

Lamine Darbouche wrote:
> Please help?
> I have my application with four frames and would like to redirect
> from one frame to _parent or _top.
> Can I do that with "Response.redirect" or similar?
> Many thanks in advance.
> Regards
> Lamine

No. ASP code knows nothing about frames. You need to do this in client-side
code. One way is by setting the src property of the desired frame object.
Please follow up in a client-side code newsgroup such as .scripting.jscript
or .scripting.vbscript, or one of the groups with "dhtml" in its name.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Ray at

The server cannot redirect to a different frame, as it is completely unware
of what a frame is. ONly the browser knows a frame. To the server,
"<frame>" is just more meaningless text in the response. You have to use
client side code to interact with frames.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...