Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to diaplay chinese character in aspx page

how to diaplay chinese character in aspx page

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpZGVyX0ppYQ==?=

I am using win 2000 and vstudio.net 2002.
When I input chinese character into vb.net (aspx page) using vstudio.net, everything is okay.I can see
the chinese words.
But if i try to view it as a webpage, all chinese character become garbage.

I tried change the web.config settings .from UTF-8 to GB936..seems no use.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thx a lot!

Natty Gur

Hi,

try to set Response.Charset to UTF-8. to change content-type header.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

=?Utf-8?B?amlh?=

Hi

I cannot find where to set "Response.Charset", only I find is
in web.config,
<globalization requestEncoding="UTF-8" responseEncoding="UTF-8" /
but this one doesn't work
may I know where to set Response.Charset"

Thanks a lot!

Natty Gur

Sure,

in your form load event.