Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Search Page.

Search Page.

Ram Raju

Hi All,

I am trying to create a search page. I have few hundreds of word documents
in my server. I am giving the user a text box to enter the text to search
within these word documents. when the user enter "xyz", all the word
documents that contain xyz should be filtered. Can any body please give me
an hint how to do this.

Regards,
Ram

Tim M

You could probably use various methods defined in the
Word object (search on 'Word Object Model') and possibly
the Filesystem Object also. To access the Word object
you will need to have Word installed on the web server.

Jeff Cochran

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:59:08 -0000, "Ram Raju" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am trying to create a search page. I have few hundreds of word documents
>in my server. I am giving the user a text box to enter the text to search
>within these word documents. when the user enter "xyz", all the word
>documents that contain xyz should be filtered. Can any body please give me
>an hint how to do this.

That's what Indexing Services does. See:

http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=P17&P=145

Jeff