Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Retrieve a page content into a variable

Retrieve a page content into a variable

Carlos Gomez

Question 1
Is there a way to execute a page, retrieve some information out of it and
then present it in my page?
example:
The user access MyPage.asp
MyPage.asp <somehow, internally> calls "http://www.weather.com/Local?ZIP=123456"
Store it's contents into a variable.
Retrieves the current temperature from that page and presents it as part
of MyPage.asp
This being done in the Server, without the user knowing what happened.
To the user the current temperature is part of the html code of MyPage.asp
The Server.Execute and Server.Transfer does not do what I need. At least
that I know of, maybe by adding some kind of parameter the .Execute won't
display the contents of the page.

Question 2
I know that you can 'trigger' asp pages that uses the .QueryString method
simply by calling them and adding the variables as part of the address
example: "http://www.weather.com/Local?ZIP=123456"

Is there any way of doing the same for an asp page that uses the .Form method
of retrieval, from a POST?

Thank you,

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/2173