Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Beginner question

Beginner question

tvr

Hi,

I have an odd problem.
The updates on my asp files are not reflected
in the browser.

Till recently everything was working fine.

Today I installed new updates on my windows 2000. After all the cached
asp contents are appearing and the updates are not getting refreshed.
I dont know if this is becoz of the updates on my OS.

I had a file addfield.asp. It was working fine, I made some
changes and they worked. But after that my updates are not reflected.

If I rename the file to addfield1.asp. I am getting the desired
results.
Again if I change the contents of this file, they are not appearing.

What could be the problem? Is it the windows update I made.....

Thanks in advance

tvr

Damien Phillips

Try putting

Response.Expires = 0

at the top of the asp code (after option explicit). This will force the page
not to be cached.

You might also try changing the caching settings in control panel ->
internet options, i think its under the temporary files settings section.

Hope that helps.

"tvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I have an odd problem.
> The updates on my asp files are not reflected
> in the browser.
>
> Till recently everything was working fine.
>
> Today I installed new updates on my windows 2000. After all the cached
> asp contents are appearing and the updates are not getting refreshed.
> I dont know if this is becoz of the updates on my OS.
>
> I had a file addfield.asp. It was working fine, I made some
> changes and they worked. But after that my updates are not reflected.
>
> If I rename the file to addfield1.asp. I am getting the desired
> results.
> Again if I change the contents of this file, they are not appearing.
>
> What could be the problem? Is it the windows update I made.....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> tvr

Evertjan.

Damien Phillips wrote on 14 nov 2003 in

> Try putting
>
> Response.Expires = 0
>
> at the top of the asp code (after option explicit). This will force
> the page not to be cached.
>
> You might also try changing the caching settings in control panel ->
> internet options, i think its under the temporary files settings
> section.
>
> Hope that helps.

Just press F5, reload.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

http://www.aspfaq.com/2022

"tvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I have an odd problem.
> The updates on my asp files are not reflected
> in the browser.
>
> Till recently everything was working fine.
>
> Today I installed new updates on my windows 2000. After all the cached
> asp contents are appearing and the updates are not getting refreshed.
> I dont know if this is becoz of the updates on my OS.
>
> I had a file addfield.asp. It was working fine, I made some
> changes and they worked. But after that my updates are not reflected.
>
> If I rename the file to addfield1.asp. I am getting the desired
> results.
> Again if I change the contents of this file, they are not appearing.
>
> What could be the problem? Is it the windows update I made.....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> tvr

Jeff Clark

No no no people. we have to update our stock answers that we sluff off to
people.

After that update, you have to go into IIS and turn off caching for asp
pages

iis properties / home directory / configuration button /

under mappings tab uncheck "cache ISAPI extensions"

"tvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I have an odd problem.
> The updates on my asp files are not reflected
> in the browser.
>
> Till recently everything was working fine.
>
> Today I installed new updates on my windows 2000. After all the cached
> asp contents are appearing and the updates are not getting refreshed.
> I dont know if this is becoz of the updates on my OS.
>
> I had a file addfield.asp. It was working fine, I made some
> changes and they worked. But after that my updates are not reflected.
>
> If I rename the file to addfield1.asp. I am getting the desired
> results.
> Again if I change the contents of this file, they are not appearing.
>
> What could be the problem? Is it the windows update I made.....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> tvr

tvr

Guys,

Thanks for your responses.
One more thing I found recently was that
the problem was with asp files in one particular folder not others.

Any thoughts????????????

tvr