Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session.LCID / SetLocale() don't effect CreateObject()?

Session.LCID / SetLocale() don't effect CreateObject()?

David Patow

Can anyone explain why neither ASP Session.LCID nor
VBScript SetLocale() effect the locale of a VB6-based COM
object that is instantiated via Server.CreateObject()?
If I set Session.LCID, then create a VB-based object, the
object still seems to use the system LCID for formatting
dates & numbers.

Using FormatDateTime() within the VBScript of the ASP
*does* work -- It's just that created objects don't seem
to inherit the locale.

I tried using Win32 SetThreadLocale() within the VB
object, and it does change the thread's locale, but that
still doesn't seem to effect the result of VB
FormatDateTime().

How else could I dynamically change the effective locale
of my ASP and VB6-based COM objects to produce date &
number formats for any given locale?

switchport effect Gary Cisco 2 12-17-2005 04:24 AM
How does SAA effect Cisco router ? anti00@poczta.onet.pl Cisco 2 09-22-2005 03:44 PM
s/// has apparent side effect on grep() John E. Jardine Perl 2 04-13-2004 08:45 PM
[Vb.net question] how to apply online update function into program (the effect just like Norton system work live update) chan ASP .Net 1 03-04-2004 02:58 PM
Re: Flickering effect SEWilson ASP .Net 0 08-23-2003 03:59 AM

Advertisments