Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Visual Interdev question. Help Please!

Visual Interdev question. Help Please!

Steve

Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I cannot
connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6). My colleagues
can using the same login information. I can even do it from my laptop a few
feet away.It just won't work suddently from my desktop machine.I can't seem
to figure out what is going on here.Any thoughts on how I can find where the
problem lies?Thanks in advance!Steve

Bob Barrows

Steve wrote:
> Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I
> cannot connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6).
> My colleagues can using the same login information. I can even do it
> from my laptop a few feet away.It just won't work suddently from my
> desktop machine.I can't seem to figure out what is going on here.Any
> thoughts on how I can find where the problem lies?Thanks in
> advance!Steve

Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?PR=vid

There are several Visual Interdev groups where this question would have
gotten more focussed attention: microsoft.public.vi.*

HTH,
Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Steve

Unfortunately, those newsgroups seem to be only filled with spam.
Thanks though.
Steve
"Bob Barrows" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steve wrote:
> > Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I
> > cannot connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6).
> > My colleagues can using the same login information. I can even do it
> > from my laptop a few feet away.It just won't work suddently from my
> > desktop machine.I can't seem to figure out what is going on here.Any
> > thoughts on how I can find where the problem lies?Thanks in
> > advance!Steve

> Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?PR=vid
>
> There are several Visual Interdev groups where this question would have
> gotten more focussed attention: microsoft.public.vi.*
>
> HTH,
> Bob Barrows
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Chris Barber

Can you browse to it in IE?
Has the FrontPage Server Extensions been removed / re-installed?
Have you checked the security settings of the web application / web site?
What do you see in the IIS logs?

Check those out and then come back with the info.

Chris.

news:u9asb.52328$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I cannot
connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6). My colleagues
can using the same login information. I can even do it from my laptop a few
feet away.It just won't work suddently from my desktop machine.I can't seem
to figure out what is going on here.Any thoughts on how I can find where the
problem lies?Thanks in advance!Steve

Steve

Hi Chris,

Yes, I can browse to it in IE.

I tried reinstalling the FP extensions, but that didn't seem to help.
The security settings are fine. Remember that I can access it using
different PCs, just not mine (using the same login information).

Would I see an attempt to open a project via VID in the IIS logs?

Thanks so much for your efforts!

Steve

"Chris Barber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you browse to it in IE?
> Has the FrontPage Server Extensions been removed / re-installed?
> Have you checked the security settings of the web application / web site?
> What do you see in the IIS logs?
>
> Check those out and then come back with the info.
>
> Chris.
>
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u9asb.52328$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I cannot
> connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6). My

colleagues
> can using the same login information. I can even do it from my laptop a

few
> feet away.It just won't work suddently from my desktop machine.I can't

seem
> to figure out what is going on here.Any thoughts on how I can find where

the
> problem lies?Thanks in advance!Steve

Chris Barber

You'll see any attempt to receive / request files within IIS in the logs.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...g_sec_szmp.asp

I'll come back with more later - got a deadline up in about 1 hour so typing
furiously <grin>

Chris.

news:AbLsb.77311$(E-Mail Removed)...