Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error 500 the Page cannot be displayed

Error 500 the Page cannot be displayed

Fie Fie Niles

At our client site, they are using IIS 5.0. We created a virtual directory
that points to a directory on the IIS server, and gave the execute
permissions as "Scripts and Executables". When we access HTM file, it shows
up fine on IE 6. But, when we access any ASP file, it gets an "error 500 the
Page cannot be displayed". This happens even when the ASP page is as simple
as
response.write "testing"

How can I fix this problem? THanks.

Randy Rahbar

> up fine on IE 6. But, when we access any ASP file, it gets an "error 500
the
> Page cannot be displayed". This happens even when the ASP page is as

simple

Find what the real error message is...
http://www.aspfaq.com/2109

Fie Fie Niles

I followed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=309051, and found out that when
I set the application protection for the web site to LOW, the ASP page came
up fine. Next, the network person will add the IWAM account to the local
administrator group. If ASP pages load in the web browser after adding IWAM
account to the local administrator group, I will need to resolve permission
issues with the IWAM account, use the REGMON and FILEMON third-party
products for Win2000. I tried to download it from
http://www.sysinternals.com, but it kept saying "The page can not be
displayed" error. I think the website http://www.sysinternals.com is down.
Does anybody out there have the utility program REGMON and FILEMON that you
can send to me or I can download? Thank you so much.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...