Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Logging read receipts

Logging read receipts

Greg Sedeo

How can I log read receipts?

Is it possible to insert or grab an existing message ID (from the header
etc), log it into my DB, than once the read receipt is sent from the clients
machine, pull it off my pop server, parse it and than log that it was read?

Any suggestions?

Greg Sedeo

It looks like I need to grab the Message ID and reference it that way.

Is it possible to grab a message ID just before sending a message?

"Greg Sedeo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I log read receipts?
>
> Is it possible to insert or grab an existing message ID (from the header
> etc), log it into my DB, than once the read receipt is sent from the

clients
> machine, pull it off my pop server, parse it and than log that it was

read?

> Any suggestions?

Greg Sedeo

I got it-

objMessage.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:mes sage-id").Value