Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Determine if Page Refreshed

Determine if Page Refreshed

Keith

First I would question why you want to do this. If they
get to the page by any means it should respond
appropriately, whether refresh or by link. This is a
stateless environment after all.

That being said...

I would take the approach of setting a session variable
that gets set the first time they hit the page:

<%
if session("NotTheFirstTime") = "" then
'write the onload
session("NotTheFirstTime") = true
end if
%>

then based on that variable write or don't write the
onload.

Of course, if the user can access the page from multiple
links and the onload is valid for each link, regardless of
how many times they hit the page, this won't work.