Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP.NET large file transfers

ASP.NET large file transfers

Ryan Hartman

I am attempting to use the technique in KB 812406
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812406) to transfer
large files via Response.OutputStream.Write.

It works GREAT in in debug mode. But whenever I set
debug="false" in the web.config file clients get cutoff
after about 1.5 minutes.

There is no error raised the client simple gets an
incomplete file.

I've tried playing around with various timeout settings
in web.config and in IIS with no luck.

Any thoughts?

-ryan

Bob Barrows

Try microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

This newgroup is targeted to classic asp questions, and, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here, you can eliminate the luck
factor post posting to the appropriate newsgroup.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Ray at

http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

Ray at work

"Ryan Hartman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ec701c3a2ff$1a13a0c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am attempting to use the technique in KB 812406
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812406) to transfer
> large files via Response.OutputStream.Write.
>
> It works GREAT in in debug mode. But whenever I set
> debug="false" in the web.config file clients get cutoff
> after about 1.5 minutes.
>
> There is no error raised the client simple gets an
> incomplete file.
>
> I've tried playing around with various timeout settings
> in web.config and in IIS with no luck.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> -ryan
> (E-Mail Removed)

Ryan Hartman

Sorry about posting to wrong group.

MSFT

Hi Ryan,

If you enlarge the buffer size, for example, form 10000 to 20000. Will this
make the problem better?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

MSFT

Hi Ryan

In http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812406, the buffer is set to 10000:

Dim buffer(10000) As Byte

If we increase this number, for example, to 40000, to reduce number we
read the file, will the make it better?