Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Clientside validation not working

Clientside validation not working

Eddie Dodd

I have a scenario where a required field validator works fine on my
machine - it fails validation on the field and does not post back when I
click the submit button, showing my error message.

The same project on the test server works as expected.

But when I place the project into live, the control does not validate at the
client and posts back, only to get caught at the server.

Thanks

Eddie

Eddie Dodd

The difference between live and the other 2 is live has a WINS address and
the others are virtual directories e.g. live = http://<sitename> and test
has http://<servername>/<sitename>

"Eddie Dodd" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
news:##$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a scenario where a required field validator works fine on my
> machine - it fails validation on the field and does not post back when I
> click the submit button, showing my error message.
>
> The same project on the test server works as expected.
>
> But when I place the project into live, the control does not validate at

the
> client and posts back, only to get caught at the server.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eddie

Donald E. Hurley Jr.

Do you have the scriptMaps installed on the live servers?

Try from the directory where you current version of .net is installed:
ASPNET_REGIIS -s

Hope this helps.

"Eddie Dodd" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
news:uMpBf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The difference between live and the other 2 is live has a WINS address and
> the others are virtual directories e.g. live = http://<sitename> and test
> has http://<servername>/<sitename>
>

> "Eddie Dodd" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> news:##$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a scenario where a required field validator works fine on my
> > machine - it fails validation on the field and does not post back when I
> > click the submit button, showing my error message.
> >
> > The same project on the test server works as expected.
> >
> > But when I place the project into live, the control does not validate at

> the
> > client and posts back, only to get caught at the server.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eddie

Scott Allen

I think it is the client side scripts he would need:

aspnet_regiis -c

The script map options are for the server to determine how to handle a
request, like mapping .aspx to Aspnet_isapi.dll.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:46:32 -0400, "Donald E. Hurley Jr."
<(E-Mail Removed)_spam_Good> wrote:

>Do you have the scriptMaps installed on the live servers?
>
>Try from the directory where you current version of .net is installed:
>ASPNET_REGIIS -s
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>"Eddie Dodd" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
>news:uMpBf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The difference between live and the other 2 is live has a WINS address and
>> the others are virtual directories e.g. live = http://<sitename> and test
>> has http://<servername>/<sitename>
>>

>> "Eddie Dodd" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
>> news:##$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I have a scenario where a required field validator works fine on my
>> > machine - it fails validation on the field and does not post back when I
>> > click the submit button, showing my error message.
>> >
>> > The same project on the test server works as expected.
>> >
>> > But when I place the project into live, the control does not validate at

>> the
>> > client and posts back, only to get caught at the server.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Eddie

Eddie Dodd

Thanks to both who responded.