Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > OLAP cube ERROR: "the data being processed is over the allowed limit" and tips on increasing speed

OLAP cube ERROR: "the data being processed is over the allowed limit" and tips on increasing speed

mrwoopey

Hi,

My OLAP data cube is giving me the following error when I am
manipulating OLAP data cube views:
"the data being processed is over the allowed limit"

I know that this message is caused by the size limit of each form
field that is retrieved in the Request object is 102,399 bytes. The
error occurs when I exceed this limit.

Microsoft recommends the following:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=273482

and this guy has another technique:
http://www.pstruh.cz/tips/detpg_largepost.htm

But how would I integrate these solutions for the OLAP cube viewer (in
a internet explorer web browser) that Microsoft released with their
sql 2000 resource kit (asp and javascript OLAP cube viewer)?

Also, I need tips on increasing the speed of the cube. My cube is only
using 10 percent of my multi-processor machine. How would I increase
the amount of the processor(s) used for displaying my cube?

Your help is appreciated. Please post your reply.

Thanks!

Phin