Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > <include> lines disappear from code

<include> lines disappear from code

Bil Click

I am coding classic ASP pages in Visual Studio .Net 2003.
I have a file called counties_option.asp that just has a
list of options:
<OPTION VALUE="030">ANSON</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE="040">ASHE</OPTION>
etc...

I then call this as an include file in several places in
a file called page1.asp like this:

<SELECT id="Select7" name="aCounty1">
<OPTION value="All" selected>All</OPTION>
<!-- #include file= '../common/counties_option.asp'-->
</SELECT>

This works OK the 1st few times, I can see all the
options in the drop down list, but after a while (I
have not determined the exact time period or cause) the
<include> lines disappear from the code! (Yes, Mother, I
DID save the file)

I have other include files in this page that are stable -
only the includes in the <select> statements disappear.

Strange!

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Tools / Options / Text Editor / HTML/XML / Format
Disable the automatic formatting options ... these are probably to blame, if
the symptom appears after saving the file (or if you switch back and forth
from Design to HTML). If it's the latter, I strongly recommend just using
VS to code, and preview what it looks like in a browser.

news:053801c39ef0$3dd49ef0$(E-Mail Removed)...