Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > spell check user input

spell check user input

jen92103@yahoo.com

HI,

I want to add the "Did you mean" - Google feature to searches on my
website.

My website lets users search for a business using different
parameters.
If there is no match, I want to do a spell check on the entered
parameters.

I need to be able to check words with an english dictionary as well as
add words
(business names) to the dictionary.

At the moment I am looking at the SpellServer by Chado, JSPELL HTML
SERVER, and
AcivSpell by CFDEF.COM.
Does anyone have any experience with these? I am looking for an
inexpensive solution.
(Not using word on the server.)

Any ideas of how to develop a spell check for ASP, or any knowledge
and reconmendations
on inexpensive existing software would help me a lot.

thanks, Jennifer

Arnold Shore

The following Javascript works for me. It invokes the Windows spell checker
at the client's desktop so it has a familiar look/feel - and the price is
right. But it DOES require Word at the desktop, so ... . Watch word
wraps, etc.

AS

function jspeller() {

var jobjWord = new ActiveXObject("Word.Application"); //
create application object

jobjWord.WindowState = 2;
// minimized

jobjWord.Visible = 0; // not visible

var jobjDocument = jobjWord.Documents.Add( "", false, 1, true);
// create document object

jobjDocument.Content=document.add_form.vcomment.va lue; //
assign input text content

jobjDocument.CheckSpelling(); // perform spell check

document.add_form.vcomment.value = jobjDocument.Content.Text; //
assign returned value

jobjDocument.Close (0);
// housekeep

jobjWord.Application.Quit (-1);

jobjDocument = null;

jobjWord = null;

return;

}

Common word missing in Thunderbird Spell Check Jim Firefox 11 12-23-2004 01:06 PM
spell check Seamus J. Wilson Firefox 1 07-08-2004 10:09 PM
how to install the spell check? c0smic Firefox 6 10-14-2003 05:12 AM
Spell Check in Email? Axl Firefox 3 08-17-2003 10:45 PM
Spell Check for 1.5a link himm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-08-2003 02:21 AM

Advertisments