Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Writing hyperlinks that attach to desktop icons or links

Writing hyperlinks that attach to desktop icons or links

Bill

I'm writing a company intranet site, and on the home page, I'd like
there to be links to some of the software that the employees frequently
use on their own computer. This will be the inducement to get them to
use the intranet home page as their default home page, and visit it
frequently.

For example a program which is under:
"C:\Program Files\Now Software\Now Up-to-Date\NUD.exe"
if I write that link into the hyperlink, it will not work, because the
hyperlink also adds the url as a prefix to the link, so it will say
"http://www.url.com/C:\Program Files\Now Software\Now
Up-to-Date\NUD.exe"

How can I write it so that it eliminates the prefix, and just shows the
c:\ line after it?

Thanks,

Bill

Ray at