Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > 96 rows of data into a table

96 rows of data into a table

Mike

I have a select that will return 96 rows of data.

Data looks like:

A1
A2
A12
B1
B12
H12

I need to put this in a table like

A1 A2 A3 .... A12
B1
H1 H2 H3 .... H12

Getrows doesn't work since it thinks these are 96 rows instead of 96 pieces
of data in 8 rows

My brain doesn't seem to be clicking this morning. Anything simple I am
missing?

Mike

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

If there are always 12 columns, you could adjust this script:
http://www.aspfaq.com/2247

Or maybe you are looking for a crosstab:
http://www.aspfaq.com/2462

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a select that will return 96 rows of data.
>
> Data looks like:
>
> A1
> A2
> ..
> A12
> B1
> ..
> B12
> H12
>
> I need to put this in a table like
>
> A1 A2 A3 .... A12
> B1
> H1 H2 H3 .... H12
>
> Getrows doesn't work since it thinks these are 96 rows instead of 96

pieces
> of data in 8 rows
>
> My brain doesn't seem to be clicking this morning. Anything simple I am
> missing?
>
> Mike

Mike

Thanks Aaron. The first should work.