Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

powerrun

Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.

Is this possible??

Melissa

Ray at

Do you need to do this over and over via ASP, or are you just talking about
doing it once? If just once, just do an import in Access.

Ray at work

"powerrun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
> need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
> specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
> existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.
>
> Is this possible??
>
> Melissa

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"powerrun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
> need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
> specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
> existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.
>
> Is this possible??

Probably, but you'd also most likely get a better answer if asked in an MS
Access newsgroup ...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

powerrun

Thank you for the advise, Tom!

Mel

"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message news:<bn1c10$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "powerrun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
> > need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
> > specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
> > existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.
> >
> > Is this possible??

> Probably, but you'd also most likely get a better answer if asked in an MS
> Access newsgroup ...
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/

powerrun

I only need to do it once, but when I tried to do an import, it wanted
to import it as a table. The information I have needs to be imported
into a specific Query with existing info.

It's obvious I've not done an import into a query before, and I truly
appreciate your help.

If there's any more info you can think of, please don't hesitate to
post me again.

Thanks!
Melissa

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Do you need to do this over and over via ASP, or are you just talking about
> doing it once? If just once, just do an import in Access.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "powerrun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
> > need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
> > specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
> > existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.
> >
> > Is this possible??
> >
> > Melissa

Ray at

If you only have to do it once, I wouldn't bother going through all the
nonsense of building an ASP page...

Ray at work

"powerrun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I only need to do it once, but when I tried to do an import, it wanted
> to import it as a table. The information I have needs to be imported
> into a specific Query with existing info.
>
> It's obvious I've not done an import into a query before, and I truly
> appreciate your help.
>
> If there's any more info you can think of, please don't hesitate to
> post me again.
>
> Thanks!
> Melissa

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...