Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > After redirect back from 3rd party, session variables lost

After redirect back from 3rd party, session variables lost

Alex

Thank you in advance.

[note: the orignal msg posted in another group with no
answer. ]

My ASP page 1 redirect user to third party's website,
after the process at third party is finished, in 3rd
party's page, there is one link to route user back to my
website: ASP page2.

As the user do all of these actions in the same browser, I
expect the user's session variables to be kept, But the
seesion variable are lost.

What is wrong?

Alex

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Alex"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:012a01c39671$a9eb5930
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you in advance.
>
> [note: the orignal msg posted in another group with no
> answer. ]
>
> My ASP page 1 redirect user to third party's website,
> after the process at third party is finished, in 3rd
> party's page, there is one link to route user back to my
> website: ASP page2.
>
> As the user do all of these actions in the same browser, I
> expect the user's session variables to be kept, But the
> seesion variable are lost.
>
> What is wrong?
>
> Alex

When the visitor goes off to the third party sight, and clicks on a link to
come back to your site, they are in reality starting a brand new session,
so bye-bye session varibles.

You'd do better looking for a cookie set on the user's machine. Once you
have determined that the cookie is present, you can then reassign those
session variables. If cookies are going to be an issue, and you can edit
the link back to your site at the third party's site, you could include a
querystring.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

Thank you, Adrienne. Your answer is very much appreciated.

BUT, after back from third party with one new session, I
repeat this trip again, at this time, the use can keep the
session. I tried many time, and it is consistant.

Why?