Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > downloadable text file

downloadable text file

atse

Hi,

If I click on the URL of a text file, it opens on the IE. How can I make it
to prompt being downloaded instead of being opened on the IE? Thanks for any
idea.

Atse

Ray at

http://www.aspfaq.com/2161

Ray at work

"atse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TpYib.333482$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> Hi,
>
> If I click on the URL of a text file, it opens on the IE. How can I make

it
> to prompt being downloaded instead of being opened on the IE? Thanks for

any
> idea.
>
> Atse

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

http://www.aspfaq.com/2161
http://www.aspfaq.com/2129

"atse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TpYib.333482$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> Hi,
>
> If I click on the URL of a text file, it opens on the IE. How can I make

it
> to prompt being downloaded instead of being opened on the IE? Thanks for

any
> idea.
>
> Atse

atse

Cool! thanks

"Aaron Bertrand - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.aspfaq.com/2161
> http://www.aspfaq.com/2129
>

> "atse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:TpYib.333482$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I click on the URL of a text file, it opens on the IE. How can I make

> it
> > to prompt being downloaded instead of being opened on the IE? Thanks for

> any
> > idea.
> >
> > Atse

atse

Oh, sorry. I mess up. The downloaded file is not what I want but the error
message:

ADODB.Stream error '800a0bba'
File could not be opened.
/save_as.asp