Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Carriage returns/formatting not displayed in output.asp

Carriage returns/formatting not displayed in output.asp

Doc Wally

Dear Colleagues:

To begin with I am not a programmer. In fact, I just got all excited
because I was able to create my very first .vbs script that actually
worked - not that I actually coded it, I took bits and pieces from here and
there and boom, it worked.

As lame as it is, I have used Front Page 2002 and its form/database creation
tools to create an input.asp page, a input.msd access database file as well
as an output.asp page going the DNS-Less route. As you guessed it, people
stick information into the input.asp document and then it spits out to the
output.asp file with the data stored in the actual fpdb directory which
holds simple Access databases.

Here is my dilemma.

When people either cut/paste things into the MEMO field of their input form
formatting, carriage returns, etc, are not carried over to the output.

Essentially

They

Want their

Information

To sort of come out

Looking like this

(Ideally with all of the boldface, underlines, etc. that they are oh so
attached to after using MS Word)

No matter how you enter it into the input form the information comes out in
one long, continuous stream.

I have attached herewith the input, output and actual database files and if
there is anybody out there who could give me some advise it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Doc Wally

Ray at

"Doc Wally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:t%Bhb.44958$(E-Mail Removed). net...

> Here is my dilemma.
>

> When people either cut/paste things into the MEMO field of their input

form
> formatting, carriage returns, etc, are not carried over to the output.

Replace vbCrLf with <BR> when outputting the data in a web page.

Ray at work