Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Detecting target frame (if any) in ASP?

Detecting target frame (if any) in ASP?

Catherine Lynn Smith

Is there a way in ASP to figure out if a page that is being loaded is
being loaded into a frameset? I know I can code this in javascript,
but I would prefer to only inject a chunk of 'onload' code in the body
tag if in fact the page is being loaded in a specific frameset.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kathy Lynn

Evertjan.

Catherine Lynn Smith wrote on 09 okt 2003 in
> Is there a way in ASP to figure out if a page that is being loaded is
> being loaded into a frameset? I know I can code this in javascript,
> but I would prefer to only inject a chunk of 'onload' code in the body
> tag if in fact the page is being loaded in a specific frameset.

ASP is serverside code and completely unaware and ignorant of frames.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows

Catherine Lynn Smith wrote:
> Is there a way in ASP to figure out if a page that is being loaded is
> being loaded into a frameset? I know I can code this in javascript,
> but I would prefer to only inject a chunk of 'onload' code in the body
> tag if in fact the page is being loaded in a specific frameset.

There is no way to detect this in asp.

It shouldn't be too hard to include code in the onload code to check to see
if a parent document exists before doing whatever it is you want it to do.

Bob Barrows

Hannibal

how difficult is that?

"Bob Barrows" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Catherine Lynn Smith wrote:
> > Is there a way in ASP to figure out if a page that is being loaded is
> > being loaded into a frameset? I know I can code this in javascript,
> > but I would prefer to only inject a chunk of 'onload' code in the body
> > tag if in fact the page is being loaded in a specific frameset.
> >

> There is no way to detect this in asp.
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to include code in the onload code to check to

see
> if a parent document exists before doing whatever it is you want it to do.
>
> Bob Barrows

Bob Barrows

Is this directed to me?
Hannibal wrote:

> how difficult is that?

Not difficult at all in client-side code. The question asked if it could be
done in asp.

Can't be done: asp (server-side) code knows nothing about body, or onload,
let alone framesets.

This is a client-side operation.

Bob Barrows