Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Storing .doc and .pdf in database

Storing .doc and .pdf in database

Bola

Is anyone know how I can store Word Docs and PDF's in database, and how I
can make link for visitor to download these files

Ray at

1. I personally would not store the files in the database. I would instead
save the files on the server and then store the paths in the database.
2. For downloading, just put a link. Or, you can stream the file back
using http://www.aspfaq.com/2161.
3. Also see here: http://www.aspfaq.com/5004

Ray at work

"Bola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is anyone know how I can store Word Docs and PDF's in database, and how I
> can make link for visitor to download these files

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Are you sure that's the best approach? I'd research the pros and cons of
storing binary objects inside the database. I've come across very few
people who have opted for storing files in a database and, after
implementing it, still believe it was the best decision. Please look over
http://www.aspfaq.com/2149 -- which was written with images in mind, but the
same constructs hold true for any type of file...

(You might also consider choosing a more select set of groups... my
newsreader doesn't even support the number of newsgroups you cross-posted
to.)