Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Functions in Include File - too large??

Functions in Include File - too large??

Me Padre

To all,

I have an Intranet that I have developed which uses
templates and all ASP functions in separate included ASP
files.

For instance, functions.asp gets included in each page and
does some of the following:

- ensures users are logged in
- defines date functions
- contains many functions used by various pages that call
the include

The functions.asp file is about 15k. Is it expensive on
the server to include that in each asp file called by the
server even though only say 4 of about 35 functions may be
used by that particular page. I.e. I have a function that
takes address information and creates an html formatted
address block. Obviously that is only used on pages with
an address but it gets 'included' in every page.

Thanks...

erez alster

you can to sepration the file to many files.
file one: date function...

and so in on

ASP Include file error <!-- #include file="" --> naveeddil ASP .Net 0 01-04-2008 12:58 PM
include file in include file PTM HTML 1 11-12-2007 10:13 AM
ASP Error 0126 include file not found, when using ".." in include file path Eric ASP General 10 01-11-2007 07:38 AM
#include "file" -vs- #include <file> Victor Bazarov C++ 4 03-06-2005 07:09 PM

Advertisments