Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Populating three list boxes from the database

Populating three list boxes from the database

Lamine Darbouche

Can anybody help?
I need to have three list boxes automatically populating each other, (ie
when region is selected from the first listbox, it will populate
automatically the second one which is the TOWNS and when the town is
selected is should populate the third one AREA) all data is in the database
in one table.
Any idea???
Many thanks in adavance.
Lamine

Ronaldo

Lamine.
Are you using ASP or ASPX?
With ASPX you set the autpostback = true and use the
event selectedindexchanged of the dropdown or list.
With old ASP, you have to identify wich dropdown list was
changed. Make a javascript the gets the dropdown value
and wich dropdown was selected
(http://www.site.com/code=90&drop=a). Then you can build
the next one and so far.

Lamine Darbouche

Hi Ronaldo,
Many thanks for you reply,
I am using classic ASP, I tried your idea but without success, could you
please me with some code or example if you have one.
I have manged only two listboxes but found very hard with three listboxes.
Many thanks in advance.
Lamine

"Ronaldo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:137401c38c16$a9f1c870$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

Re: Three Mobile --> Skype on three (Non-three [Symbian - Nokia] handsets) Harry Stottle UK VOIP 0 01-05-2010 08:59 AM
Calling Perl program from Java Script and populating the list boxes alwaysonnet Perl Misc 4 11-26-2006 06:06 PM
Populating Combo Boxes Derk Javascript 2 03-04-2005 01:14 PM
need help populating text boxes with data from sql luna ASP .Net 3 01-27-2004 05:41 PM

Advertisments