Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > to prevent client side web page caching

to prevent client side web page caching

Santhi

Hi,
I wish to avoid caching asp pages at the user end .
Currently I have declared Response.Expires=0 at the top
of my asp page. I have also used the following meta tags
to prevent client side caching
still the pages are cached at the client side.

Any help or suggesstion would be greatly appreciated to
fix this issue

Thanks,
Santhi

Ray at

Try this.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2022

Ray at work

"Santhi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:016201c389d5$6704e800$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I wish to avoid caching asp pages at the user end .
> Currently I have declared Response.Expires=0 at the top
> of my asp page. I have also used the following meta tags
> to prevent client side caching
> still the pages are cached at the client side.
>
> Any help or suggesstion would be greatly appreciated to
> fix this issue
>
> Thanks,
> Santhi

Santhi

Ray,
Thanks for the information. It works. Iam intereseted to
know what type of code is inserted by the server and will
there be any impact for the pages posted by the current
page with the header 'no cache'
Thanks,
santhi

Bullschmidt