Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Reading from a com port

Reading from a com port

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bGE=?=

I have done a lot of research trying to figure out how to read from a com port that has a scanner connected to it. In VB6 it was easy to use the MSComm control. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in an ASP.NET app...I want to be able to scan a barcode (the scanner is connected to com1) and read the buffer into a text box automatically when somone scans
A lot of the code I have found is in C and does not read from the port
I also have tried to use the MSComm object from VB6 in the .NET app with no success

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Is this of any use?

"Serial com ports the .net way"