Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > script problem

script problem

Freeserve

I am trying to write to a file using:

<%

Sub OpenTextFileTest

Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2, ForAppending = 8

Dim fso, f

Set f = fso.OpenTextFile("c:\inetpub\rako\commands.txt", ForAppending, True)

f.Write "Hello world!"

f.Close

End Sub

%>

When i call this the script hangs. If I try page refresh, I get "The
requested resource is in use". I have to kill the dllhost.exe process to
free things up.

Any ideas why this won't work?

Stuart Palmer

Sounds like classic script blocking problem, I am guessing you have norton
antivirus on your machine? Go into NAV and locate script
blocking.....disable it and then things should start working.

Something to do with script block and the FSO.

Good luck

Stu

"Freeserve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blji7u$qou$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to write to a file using:
>
> <%
>
> Sub OpenTextFileTest
>
> Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2, ForAppending = 8
>
> Dim fso, f
>
> Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>
> Set f = fso.OpenTextFile("c:\inetpub\rako\commands.txt", ForAppending,

True)

> f.Write "Hello world!"
>
> f.Close
>
> End Sub
>
> %>
>

> When i call this the script hangs. If I try page refresh, I get "The
> requested resource is in use". I have to kill the dllhost.exe process to
> free things up.
>
> Any ideas why this won't work?

Freeserve

Yes. That fixed it. Thanks.