Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Authentication question

Authentication question

Allan

Hi,

I'm developing an Internet site that is going to be
password protected. I have one windows 2000 domain on the
Internet side of things, and another on an Intranet side.
Is there any way to authenticate a user that hits my
Internet pages against the Intranet user database?

......I just want users from the Intranet to automatically
be able to access the Internet pages without having to
create a separate user on the Internet-side domain.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:148801c3880a$c445dff0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing an Internet site that is going to be
> password protected. I have one windows 2000 domain on the
> Internet side of things, and another on an Intranet side.
> Is there any way to authenticate a user that hits my
> Internet pages against the Intranet user database?
>
> .....I just want users from the Intranet to automatically
> be able to access the Internet pages without having to
> create a separate user on the Internet-side domain.

There would have to be a trust established between the two domains, and then
you could and your intranet users to the ACLs on your content.

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Allan

Thanks Tom. Do you know where I could look to get started
finding out how to do this?

utilities for running IIS
>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...ommunity/cente

rs/iis/

>.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

I imagine there's documentation on TechNet in the windows server areas.

news:072901c38909$3d3e4d30$(E-Mail Removed)...