Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Developing in ASP 2.0?

Developing in ASP 2.0?

Daniel Griscom

I'm a beginning ASP programmer, doing some fairly basic dynamic server
work for a client. Problem: they are EXTREMELY security-conscious, and
as a part of that are still running ASP 2.0. So, I need to set up a
development system for ASP 2.0 that warns me when I use ASP 3.0/ASP.NET
features.

I'm running Win2K with all updates, with the included IIS installed. It
includes ASP, but I don't know what version. So, my questions:

- How can I determine what version of ASP I have?

- Any suggestions on what tools I should be using to limit features to
ASP 2.0? (My understanding of the ASP.NET tools is that they tend to
hide all the behind-the-scenes implementation details; this would be a
problem here because they'd certainly use post-2.0 features.)

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel T. Griscom Work: (781) 665-0053